James 1:2 (HCSB)
2 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials,
- What is this scripture asking us to do?
- Can you be in the middle of a trial and have joy?
- Can you think of a trial you have experienced and later found joy in that trial?
- Do you have an example you can share?
- What are some of the things we must learn to be able to be able to recognize joy during trials?
- Do you think people that can be joyful in trials have found freedom from many of the common things that hold us in bondage?
- How might selfishness and self-centeredness impact our ability to live in joy?