Luke 10:27-29 (HCSB)
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
“You’ve answered correctly,” He told him. “Do this and you will live.”
But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
- Who do you think your neighbor is?
- Who does God think your neighbor is?
- Is there a significant difference between how you treat you family members and your “neighbors”?
- What is the difference, and should there be one?
We live in the modern world where societies are polarized, racial tensions create conflict, and people are trying to be better than their neighbor.
- Can we FIND FREEDOM from the lies, false ideas, and suspicions the world would have us believe about our neighbors?
- How does LEARNING about our neighbors change our perspective of them?