Ephesians 5:25-31 (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
- What is Paul’s primary point in this passage of scripture?
- How would you summarize his thoughts?
- What comparisons is he making?
- What are the implications of these comparisons?
- The world tries to teach us many false beliefs about love and particularly marriage. What are three false beliefs you once believed about love and/or marriage that you have found freedom from?
- What are some effective ways that Christians can teach non-Christians about what true love and marriage are really about?