Ephesians 5:21-24 (NIV)
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
- What problem does submission solve
- What is the primary problem of humanity?
- Where did rebellion enter the world? (see Genesis 3)
- How did it enter the world?
- Adam was in a garden and so was Jesus. What was the difference between the two gardens? (see Matthew 26:42)
- Where are you submitting to God’s will? is the primary purpose?
- Many of us have been taught to believe that any form of submission is somehow degrading or harmful. Can that belief itself be a form of bondage?
- What are some of the truths about submission we need to learn that will allow us to find freedom from that bondage?