13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
17 So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther’s instructions.
- How do you picture the scene that takes place between Esther and Mordecai?
- What feelings are present?
- How would you have felt?
- Do you find anything surprising or interesting about what takes place?
- Where do you see God in this scene?
- What is Mordecai teaching Esther in this passage?
- Esther believed Mordecai. What form of freedom did this provide for Esther?