14 At this they wept aloud again. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her.15 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.”
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.
- What has happened in this story?
- What is the emotional state of each person?
- How do you picture the scene?
- Where are they and what do they look like?
- Do you identify with any of the characters?
- What would you have done in this situation?
- What did Naomi learn about Ruth and her future?
- What false ideas do you think Naomi may have found freedom from once she learned about how much Ruth cared about her?