2 Samuel 9:4-8 (NIV)
4 “Where is he?” the king asked. Ziba answered, “He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar.” 5 So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel. 6 When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor. David said, “Mephibosheth!” “At your service,” he replied. 7 “Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” 8 Mephibosheth bowed down and said, “What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?”
- How many different ways does David “show” Mephibosheth salvation?
- Why do we need to see Salvation?
- Would Mephibosheth believe that David loved him if all he heard were words?
- How does Jesus demonstrate His love for you?
- Have you accepted this love?
- As Mephibosheth came to meet David he must have been scared. What false beliefs do you think he may have had about David?
- What did Mephibosheth learn that would have allowed him to find freedom from the fear of David?