27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going farther. 29 But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.
30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
- What is happening in these verses?
- How do you picture the scene?
- What feelings do each of the characters have?
- What do you imagine Jesus looks like?
- What questions do you have about this passage?
- What false belief had these men in bondage?
- What did they learn that caused them to find freedom?