Matthew 2:19–23 (NIV)
19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- What business is Joseph supposed to be taking care of?
- How about Mary? What business do you think God wants you to take care of?
- How much time do you spend taking care of God’s business?
- How much time do you spend taking care of your business?
- Is there a difference between the two?
- In this passage, what was Joseph learning that allowed him to find freedom?
- In this case, what type of freedom were Joseph and his family gaining?