10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
- Why are the Israelites fearful?
- Should they feel this way?
- Have they forgotten the lessons of the plagues?
- Do you forget the lessons that God has taught you in the past when you become afraid?
- The Israelites have been given physical freedom, but they are ready to return to slavery. What are they still in bondage too?
- What do they have to learn in order to live as free people?
- Who is going to teach them how-to find freedom?