19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel’s army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long.
21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.
- What is happening in these verses?
- What is God doing?
- How is God moving?
- What does God want the Israelites to do?
- Do you think God has had this ending in mind all along?
- Do you think that God has an ending prepared for your struggle?
- What are some things the Israelites were learning as they lived through the events of this passage?
- Given what they learned, what false ideas to you think they started to find freedom from?