1 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’ 4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.
- What is happening in this scene?
- Who is speaking?
- Who is making the decisions?
- What is God asking Moses to do?
- Does God know what is going to happen?
- Does God know how Pharaoh is going to respond?
- Do you think God knows what is going to happen in your life?
- Can you follow Him into trouble?
- Do you think Moses is learning anything during this experience?
- How might that learning helped him to find freedom from something?
- Do you think the Israelites were learning anything during this experience?
- How might that learning helped them to find freedom from something?