Matthew 7:23 (NIV)
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
John 4:10 (NIV)
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
Matthew 25:12 (NIV)
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
- Explain what each of these passages have in common.
- Read verse Why is it important for you to know God?
- Do you think you know God?
- Why do you think this?
- Based on Matthew 7:23 & 25:12, is it always a good thing to see God?
- What things should you be focused on and praying for to ensure that when you see God at the end of your days, it will be a positive experience?