Acts 1:4-5 (NIV)
4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
Joel 2:28 (NIV)
28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
Acts 2:16 (NIV)
16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
- What is the Gift that the Father has promised?
- Why is “it” called and Gift?
- When did God the Father “promise” this gift?
- Why did Jesus have to died in order to send the Holy Spirit to humanity?
- How do you receive the Holy Spirit?
- Can you receive the Holy Spirit more than once? Explain.
- What is the clearest way to see God move in the life of someone you are witnessing to?
- Name three ways to include prayer as part of witnessing.