Mark 11:8-11 (NIV)
8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. 9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” 10 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!” 11 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
- What does the crowd want from Jesus?
- What does Jesus want for the crowd?
- What do you want from Jesus?
- Is what you want from Jesus more aligned with what the crowd wants from Jesus or what Jesus wants for the crowd?
- The people could physically see God in action in this passage. What prayer did they think was being answered?
- What prayer was actually being answered in this passage?