Mark 9:2-8 (NIV)
2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
5 Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 6 (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
8 Suddenly, when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus.
- What does Jesus want Peter, James and John to see?
- What does Jesus want them to hear?
- What difference should this make in their lives?
- What does it help them believe?
- Have you ever prayed in a way that may have sounded foolish or immature?
- Do you think God hears and cares about all prayers?
- Did Peter’s awkwardness hamper what God was doing or hurt his ability to see God in action?