35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.”36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” 39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
- Identify all the questions that are asked by the participants in this story.
- What do they tell you about what is important?
- Why do you usually doubt that God cares about you?
- What are you looking at when you doubt God’s faithfulness?
- How did talking to Jesus lead these disciples to seeing God at work in their lives?
- How was their conversation with Jesus similar to how prayer should be?