Ephesians 6:1-4 (NIV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise-- 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- How do parents form an” image of God” in their children?
- What is the promise?
- How does having a healthy image of God help you “live well” and “enjoy life?”
- This commandment is very important to God. It is the first commandment with a promise. Why is this command so important to God?
- How can we pray for parent and children so that they can see God working in their relationship?
- Have you ever seen God at work in someone’s relationship to a parent? Was prayer involved?