James 1:5 (HCSB)
5 Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.
- Are you wise?
- Is wise the same thing as smart?
- You read books to become “smart”. How do you become wise spiritually?
- Are you willing to experience what is required to be wise and have understanding?
- You probably ask your friends things all the time without much formality or thought. Do you treat prayer the same way?
- Do your prayers sound like a conversation between friends or something else?
- Have you ever seen God at work in your life (or in the life of someone else) by providing wisdom that you can only attribute to Him?