Ephesians 5:25-31 (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
- Read verse 25 again, what is it saying?
- Name all the ways that Christ loved the church.
- Have you ever seen a man attempt to love his wife in these same ways?
- How many times does Paul compare husbands to Jesus in these verses?
- How does this comparison make you feel?
- How does prayer for a spouse help us to see God at work in their life?
- Can prayer influence how members of the church body see each other?