Ephesians 5:21-24 (NIV)
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
- What is the primary purpose of marriage?
- Is it happiness or preparation for heaven?
- What is God concerned about?
- The bible provides principles to live by, the Holy Spirit provides the power and our relationships provide the practice. Explain how this is working in your life?
- Many of us would like to pray that God would “fix” our spouse. What are ways we should be praying for our marriage by asking God to “fix” us?
- Have you ever been in a position to see God at work in your marriage or other family relationships?