1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise-- 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- Why do children need to obey their parents?
- What advantages does this provide for a child?
- Are there any disadvantages?
- How does “obeying parents” prepare us to obey God?
- Do you obey the commandments of God?
- Where do you struggle with obedience?
- We all know we should invest time into prayer and Bible reading on a daily basis. Have you ever had trouble being obedient to that expectation?
- Have you ever needed to pray for the strength to be obedient?
- Did that experience help you to see God at work in the situation?