14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
- What do you think Mordecai means by his statement in Esther 4:14?
- Is Mordecai being unfair too Esther?
- Is he putting her under pressure?
- Is Mordecai wrong to put pressure on her?
- Does Mordecai give Esther a reason to believe her life has a purpose?
- What affect does this kind of realization have on a person?
- What affect would it have on you?
- We don’t see prayer as a significant element in the book of Esther. Do you think the Jews were praying and the author didn’t mention it, or do you think the Jews had given-up on prayer? Why?
- When the events of Esther occur, do you think you are seeing God at work? Why or why not?