13 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”
- What evidence does Gideon have for doubting?
- Do these seem like good reasons?
- Have you ever thought like this?
- What role does the devil play in our willingness to accept these reasons?
- Is God willing to hear you when you bring your questions, concerns, or complaints to Him?
- Would you pay much attention to God (see God) is you never had pain or challenges in your life?