John 13:1-3 & 11 (ESV)
1 Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. 2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, 3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God,...11 For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, “Not all of you are clean.”
- What did Jesus know as he prepared to eat the Passover Meal with his disciples?
- Does what Jesus did (serve the disciples), have a greater impact because of what Jesus knew beforehand?
- If you knew that you had less than 24 hours left to live, would you choose to serve others? That’s what Jesus did.
- If you knew that you had all authority from God, would you choose to humble yourself and serve? That’s what Jesus did.
- Could you serve someone knowing that they would betray you? That’s what Jesus did.