Matthew 2:19–23 (NIV)
19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- How does putting your trust in God help you take care of His business?
- Can you take care of God’s business without trusting Him?
- Should you trust God if you are not walking with God?
- What I mean is can you trust that you will be protected or provided for if you are not walking with God?
- How much do you trust God?
- How can you learn to trust Him more?
- Do you think that the experience of fleeing and trying to return home drove Joseph to grow closer to God in prayer?
- Did Joseph see God at work more clearly in his future or in his past?
- Thinking of your own past, where did God do some of His greatest work in your life?
- How was prayer part of that?
- Who was doing the praying?