10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
- Who are the Israelites following?
- How would they benefit from recognizing that they are following God and not Moses?
- Who are you following?
- How does it affect the way you engage the trials in your life?
- Why do you think the Israelites talked to Moses instead of talking to God?
- The Israelites saw God because they followed Moses and he was following God. Do you think that made it easier or harder for the individual Israelite to see what God was doing in their people?